Here is a simple seasonal recipe for Elderflower Cordial. If you have never tried Elderflower cordial before, it is a super refreshing summer drink with an interesting and mature flavour that you will never tire of!
Recipe for Elderflower Cordial:
- 15 large elderflower heads
- 2 lemons (sliced)
- 2.5 litres water
- 5 cups of sugar
- Put elderflowers, lemon slices and water into a pan.
- Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, and remove from heat when it starts boiling. Cover and leave to infuse overnight.
- Strain the liquid through a sieve or muslin cloth
- Add sugar to the liquid in a pan and bring to the boil. Stir to dissolve all the sugar and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour cordial into some sterilised bottles while still hot.
- Drink with water, diluted 1:5-1:10.
How do you make your Elderflower Cordial? Any different methods or ingredients? Please share in the comments section below.